ORIGINAL STRUCTURE FIRST FLOOR SECOND FLOOR
The existing house is a circa 1950, five room ranch with a full basement and a garage extension to its side at the basement level. The owner's program called for the removal of the existing garage and the wood deck over it, and construction of a new larger garage and new family dining area adjacent to the kitchen and also a new formal dining room.
The entrance to the house has been modified to incorporate a new entry vestibule which opens to a small entry at the foot of the main stairway leading to the second floor. This stairway is featured by a look through rail allowing visibility from the living room to the new dining room. The new dining room is complemented by a coffered "tray" ceiling which is the home of a chandelier centered over the dining room table.
The program further required a second floor addition to the house proper expanding the second floor to a front and back garrison style. This second floor houses two large children's bed rooms and bathroom as well as a master suite which includes a private, cantilevered, deck overlooking the rear yard, a large walk-in closet, and a master bath which incorporates a large shower and a fully equipped, two person, whirlpool tub. The master bedroom is further enhanced by a very attractive palladian window and a full cathedral ceiling.